Last modified: April 8, 2019
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process information relating to you, and your rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Data.
For any Users that are residents of the State of California, please see Section 6 for additional rights only available to residents of the State of California.
1. PERSONAL DATA AND AGGREGATE INFORMATION
“Personal Data” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you or your household, such as your name, phone number, email, approximate geographic location of your computer or device, or postal address, and possibly information relating to certain support or customer service issues. While some experiences will not prompt a collection of Personal Data, you generally need to provide us with Personal Data to use most of the features of the Platform and Services, including to allow us to provide you with certain personalized or enhanced Services. How we collect and store information depends on the Services in which you elect to participate.
From time to time, we may collect or generate general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Platform or Services (“Aggregate Data”). This Aggregate Data represents a generic overview of our Users’ collective viewing habits and allows us and permitted third parties to modify information, promotions, offers, and/or discounts on Services based on User traffic and behavior. We collect this information using technologies such as “cookies”, which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information to determine, for example, which areas of the Platform or Services are most popular and to enhance the Platform or Services. We may also group this Aggregate Data to describe the use of the Platform to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request. From time to time, we may use this Aggregate Data to optimize third-party offers of our Services. We also may share Aggregate Data to business partners or third parties to enable the provision of targeted information. However, please be assured that this Aggregate Data will not personally identify you or any other Users.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION
a. Information You Provide Us
We receive and store any information you enter on the Platform or give to us in any other way. Types of information you may provide include:
* Contact Information. When you sign up for a User Account or register for a Service, such as a biking event, you may be required to give us your name, email address, profile picture, street address, billing address, and phone number, and additional information that enables you to sign up for and use the Platform and Services.
* Information You Post. The Platform provides an opportunity, among other things, for Users to map routes; post images; mark and describe points of interest; “like,” rate, or rank, and comment on Platform content; traverse routes and record such traverse as part of the data associated with such routes; record the traverse of a geographic route that is not first recorded or generated as a route on the Platform; and publish data, articles, and comments, all of which will become public and may include Personal Data information. We are not responsible for such disclosures you choose to make available in this manner, including in respect to Personal Data.
* Information You Submit. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact customer support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
* Phone Information. If you have install the Platform or use the Platform on your mobile device or tablet, it may require special permission such as access to the camera, microphone, pictures, location, read and write external storage, network access, etc. Those permissions allow the Platform to work properly on your device. If you do not allow all required permission to the Platform, it may not work properly. For example, the location permission allows you to update your biking route to keep track of your progress and participate in special events.
* Survey Information. We may also collect information and data provided by you from our responses to surveys that we might ask for research purposes to improve our Services. With your consent, we may post testimonials on the Platform. We may also post or share news, events, results, accomplishments, marketing materials from individuals or companies. Requests to remove posted materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org Reasonable efforts will be made to remove posts upon receiving written notice.
Information on your User Account may be visible to all Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your User Account.
b. Information We Automatically Collect From You
We also collect information during the course, or as a result, of your use of the Platform. Types of information we may automatically collect from you include:
* Location. In order to keep track of your progress or to participate in certain events and promotions, we need to know where you are located. When you open the Platform on your mobile device, we receive your location. We may also collect the precise location of your device when Ride Spot is running in the foreground or background. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application. Be advised that if you do not allow us to collect your location, the Platform may not work properly.
* Device Information. When you use the Platform, We may collect certain information automatically from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. We may collect your Facebook identifier if you register with Facebook.
* Interactions. To help us understand how you use the Platform and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Platform, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the Platform, and the dates and times of your visits.
* Analytics. We may also use analytic tools, including Google Analytics, to collect information regarding your behavior and your demographics. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Platform by going to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The Platform does not currently support Do Not Track, which is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites.
c. Information We Collect From Third Parties
We may also collect information from third parties or business partners. Types of information we may collect from third parties include:
* Third Party Information. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, or fraud detection information, from third parties and combine it with other information that we have about you
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use all the information we collect from you to:
* provide, improve, expand, and promote the Platform;
* help us provide you Services you request via the Platform;
* process orders, service your account, and respond to your inquiries;
* contact you with offers, events, and promotions that we think are relevant to you;
* analyze how Users use the Platform;
* send you messages and push notifications regarding Services you request via the Platform;
* personalize your User experience;
* facilitate the delivery of content or advertisements that we feel may be relevant to you;
* provide you with customer support;
* find and prevent fraud; and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The following are the various ways your information may be shared:
* Sharing Between Our Affiliates. We may share your information to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
* Sharing With Your Consent. We may share your information whenever you consent to such sharing.
* Sharing Between Users. You may share information with other Users. Users that are that are connected via the Platform are able to see basic information about each other, such as names, photo, location, routes, ratings, and any information they have added to their User Account and made public.
* Sharing For Promotions. We partner with various businesses to promote and provide special events, promotions, and challenges (“Promotions”). When you sign up for Promotions we will share your information with our partners that are helping us provide such Promotions. Information may include your name, address, email address, location, preferences, and any information on your User Account. As such you may receive marketing emails from our business partners.
* Sharing Due To Integration. If you connect to the Platform through an integration with a third party service, we may share information about your use of the Platform with that third party.
* Sharing With Service Providers. We may sometimes use other businesses to perform certain services for us, such as hosting or maintaining the Platform, storing your information, processing payments, processing subscriptions, or providing marketing assistance and data analysis. We may provide Personal Data to service providers when that information is necessary for them to complete a requested transaction or otherwise perform their duties. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these service providers are notified of their obligations to reasonably protect Personal Data on our behalf. Notwithstanding the above, we cannot guarantee that such service providers will adhere to the contractual obligations or acceptable business practices.
* Sharing With Third Party Websites. The Platform may allow you to connect with other websites, products, or services that we don’t have control over. If you use these services, we will provide the third party with information about you to allow them to provide the service to you. We can’t speak to the privacy practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies before deciding whether to use their services.
* Complying With The Law. If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process, including, with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the PeopleForBikes community, PeopleForBikes, or the public, including to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreement, such as for billing and collection purposes. We may also share your information to comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
* Other Ways We Share Your Information. We may share your information with our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident. We may share your information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users of the Platform is among the assets transferred;
5. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
a. Email Subscriptions
If you no longer want to receive email communications from us, you may unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our email. Should you continue to receive email communications from us after unsubscribing please contact us at email@example.com Opting out of receiving emails may impact your use of the Platform. We may continue to send you transactional related emails for any transactions with you initiate.
If you receive promotional emails from third parties, you will need to separately opt-out with such third party.
b. Push Notifications
You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Platform.
c. User Account
If you create a User Account to use the Platform, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your User Account information shall be protected by your password. You should not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or User Account. You can access and update information in your account profile at any time by logging into the Platform with your login name and password. Once you have logged in, you can update certain information such as your name, photo, email, password, and security preferences.
d. Location Information
While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings, User location is important to your use of the Platform and without it will be very difficult and nearly impossible for you to use all the features and Services provided via the Platform.
e. Terminating Your User Account
6. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT
* what categories of Personal Data and the specific pieces of Personal Data we collect;
* how that Personal Data is collected and how we use it;
* the categories of Personal Data that are sold or shared with third parties;
* the categories or types of third parties with whom Personal Data with whom we share Personal Data.
As a California resident you can request a list of the Personal Data we collected from you, a list of the Personal Data we have shared with third parties, and a list of the names of third party with whom we have shared your Personal Data. You may make such a request twice per year at no charge to you.
You may also request that we do not sell or disclose your Personal Data to third parties. However, to provide you with most Services and the Platform we need to share certain aspects of your Personal Data with our third party service providers. Accordingly, such request may affect how you use and access the Services and Platform we provide.
You may also request that we, and any third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data, delete all your Personal Data. Be advised that we may limit, postpone, or deny your request in order to: (i) facilitate any transaction that you initiate with us; (ii) comply with a legal requirement or process; (iii) comply with our security and safety measures; and (iv) comply with any other exception provided under the CCPA.
To make any of the foregoing requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Consumer Protection Act,”.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We understand and share your concerns regarding your children’s access to Internet and the Internet’s access to your children. The Platform is not directed to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly request or accept Personal Data submitted to the Platform by any visitor under 13 years of age. If we become aware that an individual under age 13 has provided information to us through the Platform, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our databases.
8. INFORMATION SECURITY
The nature of our business means that the Personal Data collected through our Platform and Services will be transferred to the United States. Information we maintain is stored within the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country. Also, our personnel and the third-parties to whom we disclose Personal Data are located in the United States. We have not adopted policies that comply specifically with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We employ customary industry practices to protect any personal information you have provided through the Platform. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is completely secure, and therefore we cannot warrant or guarantee that such information will never be accessed or used by, or released to, unauthorized third parties or in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
Attn: Privacy Concerns
Address: blackriver Systems, Inc
301 S Bedford St #4B ,Madison, WI 53703