Let's face it – it's kind of a weird year. And whenever we feel weird, there are two things that always make us feel better: riding our bikes and eating donuts. So, we combined the two to help you enjoy the fall. This is the Half Dozen Donut Ride, a ride around Downtown LA with some of our favorite donut spots – each with their own unique menus and flavors. With 6 stops on the ride, you can stop and grab one donut from each shop to make the perfect, personalized half dozen box of donuts at the end of your ride.
1. The Donut Man (317 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013) Whether you're riding solo or meeting up with some friends with a sweet tooth, start your half dozen journey at Grand Central Market, where the famous Donut Man recently opened a new location to sling their famous, fully loaded strawberry donuts.
2. Dunkin’ (754 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90014) Okay, hear us out. Sometimes all you want is a good old classic glazed donut, and in our opinion, there isn't anywhere better to get a classic donut and a coffee with cream and sugar than Dunkin'.
3. Birdie's (314 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015) You're already halfway through your half dozen once you get to Birdie's, known for their donuts and fried chicken. Switch it up and get a savory treat with their Glazed Maple Bacon donut – and maybe grab some fried chicken to go too.
4. Donut Friend (543 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013) Donuts are healthy if they're vegan, right? At least that's what we tell ourselves whenever we're at Donut Friend, where all of their donuts are 100% vegan and extremely delicious. We suggest grabbing the Angry Samoa, Youth Brulee, or X-Ray Speculoos... but we won't judge if you get all three.
5. Cafe Dulce (134 Japanese Village Plaza Mall, Los Angeles, CA 90012) Coffee and donuts is a classic combination, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try something new! This cafe serves specialty drinks like matcha lattes and milk teas, plus inventive pastries and donuts including Fruity Pebbles, Maple Macadamia, and Coffee Crumble.
6. Donatsu (330 E 2nd St suite c, Los Angeles, CA 90012) Our last spot is Donatsu, another vegan shop with unique flavors inspired by its location in Little Tokyo. From Black Bean Sesame to Pistachio Rose Matcha, there are plenty of options for you to round out your box of half a dozen donuts. 3 and a half miles after starting, you'll have made it to Grand Park, where you can sit back, relax, and show off your six pack (of donuts). This year might be different from years before, but if there's one thing that will always be true, it's that riding around with donuts in hand will always be a great time.